Monday, January 7, 2008

It all starts here...

Over the weekend, we got socked with a pretty good storm down here in Southern California. A lot of rain and wind. Both of which are good for me, because they add up to a lot of interesting blow-down. Below, some beautiful green and brown eucalyptus leaves that I collected from my neighborhood.


I found the brown leaves first, when they were still wet, with a gorgeous shiny reddish hue. I'm looking forward to experimenting with them, to see if I can replicate that soaked-with-rain color. The green ones intrigue me because they have these fascinating seed pods attached. And I'm curious to play with them and explore different ways that I can incorporate them.

And so it begins... I stumble across some leaves that seem to leap out at me with possibility... and I start brainstorming all the crazy ways that I can draw them into a piece of jewelry.

No comments: