Saturday, January 26, 2008

Visible Growth

On Wednesday night, I stopped by The Artisan's Lair in Long Beach to pick up and take home all of my jewelry that I had on consignment there. In December 2006, I participated in a holiday show that Linda was hosting, and afterwards she offered me space in her shop to sell some of my jewelry on consignment. I will be ever grateful to Linda, as she was the first person to take a chance on me. But, she's closing up the retail side of her business, so I collected the items she still had and brought them home.


Looking at them all today, it's nice to see some growth in my skills and designs between what I was making previously and what I'm making now. It's easy to plod along and compare yourself to others and not recognize where you've been and how far you've come. So, I'm glad to have this opportunity to handle some of my jewelry made over a year ago (some pieces that were very early attempts at what I'm doing now) and see all of the changes.

They'll probably sit on my bench for a little while until I figure out what to do with them. Do I want to take them completely apart? Do I want to try to re-use the forms and just incorporate not-so-crunched flowers or leaves? Decisions, decisions...

No comments: