Sunday, July 6, 2008

Simple Silver Cuff

What a fantastically productive weekend I've had. I have lots to share this week. And I thought I'd start with this new bracelet...

It's a simple silver cuff, with a hammered texture and a single chocho seed (I bought these when I was in Peru a few years ago- they're supposed to bring good luck).


The only problem is that I was so excited to see what it would look like with the seed that I completely forgot that I had wanted to add a patina. So, this is my trial piece. I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow and make sure it holds up through the day and see if there's anything else that I want to change about the design. With any luck, I'll have these up in my etsy shop in very short order!

Edited to say that I will need to order some thicker gauge metal, as this bracelet is a bit too thin and fragile-feeling. It will probably be next week before I get my order in and have some bracelets ready to sell.

No comments: