Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home...

I am technically back from vacation, but I have so much to do over the next few days that, after I post this, I'm going to pretend that I'm not here so that I can get it all done. Whew.

Our trip was fantastic. In case you're curious or tempted to try it... bike touring is completely the way to go. We rode around some amazingly beautiful country roads... with golden hills to either side and virtually no traffic... breathing in as much fresh air as we could. We found a farmer's market with delicious local cherries, tasted wine from a fantastic local winery, bounced down the gravel "road" next to the railroad tracks, ate lots and lots of wonderful foods, and explored a new part of the world with new and old friends. A few highlights...



Everywhere we went, it felt like spring. The roads were lined with and the fields filled with wild grasses and vibrantly-colored flowers. Just incredible!




In fact, I was so delighted with the wild grass that I had to smuggle some home in my pannier to work into some jewelry...


Check out Russ' photos too (much more extensive than mine)... here and here...

And a welcome home present! When I checked my email, I had a note from Jan over at ScoutieGirl telling me she had posted a write-up of my work. And it's so lovely too! If you haven't run across her blog yet, take a spin through her posts to discover some really great independent artists. Thanks Jan!

No comments: