Friday, May 2, 2008

How the bicycle fits in

A small confession... I ride my bike everywhere, and I almost never drive. In fact, I'm not really sure why I even still own a car. Last night, I hauled some materials home from my day job for an event this weekend - and I lumped them all onto a cargo trailer that hooks to the bike. Really, it's such a lovely way to get around - fresh air, exercise, so much less stress.

My boyfriend markets himself as the eco-friendly bicycling photographer. Which has led to all sorts of questions about whether I'm going to start billing myself as the eco-friendly bicycling jeweler. Well, sort of...

One of these days, I foresee myself hitting the road with a portable studio on my bike and making jewelry along the way. In the meantime, here's a little bit about how my trusty bicycle fits into my jewelry world...

This was me arriving at a show last fall...


And this was my project for last night...


It's a head badge for a friend's bike. I discovered that making head badges is really fun... they're so simple compared to the pendants I've been working on recently, and they're such a different style and form. I may not become the eco-friendly bicycling jeweler, but I wouldn't mind getting into making some "bike jewelry" along with my other jewelry. :)

No comments: