Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A clean studio... and a new pair of earrings

As I’m starting to pull together all the pieces for Fall Festival and think about everything that I’ll need to think about, I’m realizing that I’m going to have to start thinking bigger. I’ve done my share of craft fairs over the past few years. Standing for hours, hawking myself and my work, finding the humor in it all. But, even with all of this experience, I haven’t ever had to fully inhabit a 10’ x 10’ booth space. So, I’m delving into this whole new world and learning as I go.

My first step? Clean my studio. I tend to work on several projects at once and get out all of my tools and leave metal scraps and sketches and other whatnot strewn around as I go. Somehow, it just works for me to do it this way. But, when I need to start thinking about new designs and where to go next, I have to clear out all of the clutter. And, lo and behold, I discovered little piles of dried flowers in various corners of my studio. I put them all together, and now, not only do I know what I have to work with, but I have a really pretty bouquet to look at in the meantime.


And a new pair of earrings! I made these earrings for the Handmade Revolution show last weekend. I really like the simple spiral shape. And they’re really lightweight. As soon as I get a better photo taken, they’re going up in my Etsy shop.


Happy Tuesday!

No comments: