Friday, June 27, 2008

It's my Birthday - and I'll bike tour if I want to


As Russ and I get more and more into bicycling, bike touring more and more becomes our vacation of choice. And, this weekend, as a celebration of my birthday, and a sort of bribe to myself for entering that dreaded last year before I turn 30, we're headed off on a mini tour. Taking Amtrak up to Goleta (North of Santa Barbara), then riding up to Cachuma Lake for a night of camping, then riding down to Refugio State Beach for another night of camping, then back into Goleta to take the train home.

There are lots of hills to climb, incredible views to look out upon, and hopefully some stars (maybe we'll be far enough away from civilization?).

And all of the work to be done can just wait for me on my bench...

No comments: