Monday, October 27, 2008

Adventures in photo-taking


With the holidays looming and a large stock of jewelry sitting in my studio waiting for a new home, I decided it was time to shoot some more photos. Plus, I've been wanting to update the photos in my etsy shop and on my website.

So I spent my weekend testing the limits of my camera. I'm calling it the little camera that could, because Russ is convinced that it won't do what I want, and I'm determined to prove him wrong. :)

I went to our local arts store and picked up some nice big sheets of paper to use as backgrounds. And I rolled them out on the desk in my studio, next to the nice big windows that bring in lots of natural light.

In all, I think I'm pretty happy with the photos. Okay, so they're not exactly slide-worthy, high-art photos, but I think they show off the jewelry well (which is really the whole point). There are still other shots rumbling around my head that I want to try to capture, so stay tuned for more new photos. But, in the meantime, I've updated my website and my etsy shop. I hope to have my flickr page updated in the next day or two as well.



P.S. The update in my etsy shop means NEW pieces, so scurry on over!

No comments: