Thursday, February 5, 2009

Drum roll, please...

In thinking about my next direction, I realized that I want to pull back from collecting and then incorporating all sorts of wonky bits of nature and, instead, focus on a few key items that have worked well for me. It gives me a chance to put more emphasis on the metalwork - and this has gotten the creative juices flowing again. :)

So, without further ado... let me introduce the first few pieces in my new Leaves Series.




I'll be rolling out lots more designs over the next few weeks that will all incorporate these red and orange autumn leaves (and perhaps some yellow or green spring leaves, if I can find some that I like). So, stay tuned.

Also, I'm delighted to start stringing these pieces on sterling silver chain. It took me a while to come around to the idea of using chain instead of fiber, but now that I have, I really love the look!

The above pieces are now available in my etsy shop. And if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it! :)

1 comment:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I love the shape of the 'line' you've used to surround your leaf pieces. I know you had another piece I really liked where you had raised sheet metal in a line that was nice to follow with the eyes.
Good work!